East Wichita Co-op Statement of Faith:
We are a Christian homeschool support group for moms.
In order to build and promote unity within our group and be inclusive of families with different beliefs, we ask that participants understand that teaching and leadership within the co-op will be in accordance with these statements and be respectful of the Christian faith.
- The Bible—We believe the Bible is the inspired and living Word of God. That it is inerrant in all matters concerning salvation. The Bible is the divine and final authority in all areas of faith and life. We believe the truth contained within is valid for all people, across all time, place, condition and relationships and serves as the guide for righteous living.
- God—We believe God is the eternally existent Creator of all things. That he is revealed to us in the Trinity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. He is one God, revealed in three parts.
- Jesus—We believe that Jesus exists fully God and fully man. Born of the Virgin Mary, he led a sinless life, culminating in death on the cross, burial and bodily resurrection for the atonement of the sins of all mankind.
- Humankind—We believe all of humankind is God’s precious creation, made in His very own image and yet, we have a problem. We have fallen into sin, which is not tolerated by God and are in need of a Savior. By placing one’s faith in Jesus Christ, we can be saved.
- Salvation—God’s salvation plan is the solution to Man’s sin problem. God sent Jesus to die on the cross. His shed blood fully paid for all human sin and is sufficient for all who believe on Jesus Christ and receive him as Lord and Savior.
- Holy Spirit—We believe the Holy Spirit is presently active in the Church to: glorify Jesus, convict man of personal sin, and subsequently live in us, guide, instruct and empower us for Godly living and service.
- Unity of Believers—As a community, confessing Jesus Christ as Lord and being called together through the Word of God, we strive to cooperate with each other, bearing each other’s differences with loving kindness and patience.
- Response to Sin—We believe that each one is personally accountable to God for their sin and will give an account at life’s end. We also believe it is our responsibility as parents to guard the hearts and minds of our children from the waves of cultural sin that affect our communities and the world at large.